Dieting on the go? In this busy world, following a strict diet for the purpose of losing weight can become a very daunting task. Luckily, there are quick-to-prepare meals that are both healthy and delicious.
Here are 5 quick meals that are healthy and are perfect for the health buff who has minimal time for food preparation:
1. 2 slices of Prosciutto and 6 slices of melon. Don’t let the name fool you. Prosciutto is more popularly known as Parma ham, a thinly sliced dry-cured meat that originated from the Euro-Asian countries. Prosciutto is easily available at major foodmarts. Because of its thin slices, Parma ham can be very tasty, hence very filling, even without fat-heavy ingredients. Slices of sweet melon perfectly complement the dry texture of Prosciutto. Total calories for this quick meal: a measly 80 calories.
2. A slice of toasted brown bread sprinkled with grated low-fat cheese. This is a classic. Brown bread or wheat bread is rich with fiber, and fiber helps detoxify the body and eliminate fat deposits. Sprinkled with delicious grated low-fat cheese and this combination becomes a healthy mouthwatering delight. One serving only contains 92 calories.
3. Tortilla wrap with 2 tablespoons of textured vegetable protein (ground beef variety), cooked with the flavor you want. Want to get your fix of Mexican or Cajun delicacies without having to gain more pounds? This exciting meal is only composed of 97 calories. Textured vegetable protein is readily available in supermarkets. Pick the variety that is an alternative to ground beef to give your meal that South of the Border flavor. Cook the meat alternative anyway you like.
4. 33 pieces of frozen grapes. This is the next best thing to fruit-flavored ice cream, and it comes at a gloriously guilt-free 99 calories. Because grapes have high water content, you’ll feel filled for hours and you won’t have to contend with hunger until the next meal time.
5. 5 sticks of celery with low-fat cheese dip. Celery, by itself, may not be to most people’s liking. But dip a stick in cheese and the combination of tastes truly stand out! The best part of this amazing meal is that it only contains 99 calories.
These are just 5 quick meals that are healthy. There are more, of course, and discovering them will be a wonderful adventure for fitness enthusiasts and weight watchers all over the world!